About St. Edward's Parish
St. Edward’s is a parish in the Catholic Diocese of Shrewsbury covering the area of South Macclesfield and the surrounding area.
The foundation stone for the new church was laid by Bishop Ambrose Moriarty on 15th June 1938.
The church was a gift of Mr. & Mrs. Edward Lomas and its dedication to St. Edward the Confessor perpetuates the memory of its donors.
The church was consecrated a few months before the Second World War on 26th April 1939.